Thursday, December 16, 2010

Life, Life, Life!



Life is...wonderful, exhausting, fantastic, difficult, and ever changing. Caroline isn't that much older than Landon, but I definitely forgot that once a routine is established and things get going good...BOOM! Something else changes and everything is haphazard again. I love my husband and the life we've built together. I love our children. In our wedding vows we promised to love one another, in fortune and trial, and to always walk a Godly path. I just recently watched our video and was reminded of what we vowed in front of our Lord. I cried and was awestruck at how this life is trying and tiring, but we are keeping those promises daily, even when times are tough. Seasons of life can be hard and we're in a hard season right now. Rewarding, but hard.



We've been busy, as always, but enjoying life as much as we can. Our sweet baby boy is a crier. Bless his heart, sometimes I have done everything in my power to help him and he still cries. For a long time, most days felt like bad days, but things are looking up. I am prayerful that he will continue to cry less and smile more. He won't be a baby forever, and I try and remind myself that I will miss the baby stage.



Caroline is growing and changing everyday. She's become a huge help around the house. She loves "5 minute pickup." I play the song of her choice and we spend 5 minutes picking up toys, plates, trash...anything in our main living area that doesn't belong. She will sing and work. It's enjoyable and then I have a clean space during nap time, which I appreciate so much!



We went up to Aunt KK and Uncle Judd's house 2 months ago (which is where all the pics are coming from...sorry they're so old!) and met up with Opa, Oma, Uncle Bryan, Aunt Stephanie, and Annalise at a pumpkin patch. The girls had a blast.











I have no pictures from Thanksgiving, other that one Aaron's cousin took. It's a good one though...if I do say so myself!



Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. LOVE the wedding picture...love all the pictures! I'm sorry Landon's been such a crier. That is so hard. When I read your first paragraph, about the promises you made and how you're fleshing them out - during a rewarding, but trying time, reading that makes me want to jump and shout and cheer you on!!! Y'all are awesome! I'll never forget my cousin, who is our age and whose parents have been married and divorced several times, telling me and the engineer to stick it out and how cool it will be in the end to look back and be like, "we did it. We made it!" Y'all hang in there. You're such a great encouragement to me!!! Thanks for keeping it real. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still want to see that video sometime with my cameo :) I want Aaron NOW! :) Good times. I like that 5 minute pick up song. I need to try that out on Isaiah. Landon is a sweetie and I'm sure he'll be happier soon. I remember how happy Isaiah got when he could finally sit up. That helped a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice post. Thanks for posting the pictures of Justin, me, and Landon. I love the looks Justin and Landon are exchanging. Hang in there-- the tough times too shall pass!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is always wonderful to see you and your family! I am thankful often that God blessed our family with you. You and Aaron make a wonderful couple and I am so proud of you! Hope to see you soon! BTW, that IS a good picture!

    ReplyDelete