Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Struggles and Joy

Back in August, Aaron and I suffered a great loss. We were so excited to find out that we were expecting another little one. Everything was going great and I was sick...not the best thing in the world, but a good pregnancy sign. We went in at 9 weeks only to see an empty gestational sac. The baby hadn't developed. We were shocked and heartbroken. After the miscarriage, we found out we were expecting again at the end of October. We were so excited again, but much more cautious this time around. It wasn't to be though...we lost that little one at 5 weeks...the week before Caroline's 2nd birthday.

I was very discouraged, but knew that the Lord is good and will take care of us. I never wanted to give Caroline the impression that she wasn't enough for us. I put all my thoughts and efforts into being with her and enjoying each and every smile she offered, each giggle, each day with her. We celebrated her birthday and moved on.

Around Thanksgiving, I began to notice some typical symptoms of early pregnancy. It goes without saying that I was scared to death, praying constantly, and in a semi state of shock when the second pink line appeared. The day after getting that positive test, I had blood work done...everything looked great. I went back 48 hours later for more blood work. I hosted a Christmas Brunch for the ladies of our church family. I was nervous that day because of the brunch, but my nerves were even more jumbled because I was waiting to hear the official word from the doc. If my HcG level doubled or more...I was definitely pregnant. I finally heard from the doc after lunch, and sure enough, my numbers more than doubled. We were thrilled, but still cautious.

Fast forward to today...we saw my doctor and we saw our beautiful little one with a strong heartbeat!

God is good!

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. YEA, YEA, YEA, YEA, YEA, YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


    I am SOOOOOOoooooo happy for y'all WE are soooOOOOOO happy for y'all! God IS so good.

    We'll be lifting all four of you up in prayer!

    LIttle one, we can't wait to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We could NOT be happier for you all. Caroline will be a great big sister! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Courtney--I am so sorry to hear that you have been going through this. I wish you would have called me...I have been there and I could have tried to ease your pain. This is a very very hard thing to go through. The great news is that you are pregnant and things are going great! I will continue to pray for you and this sweet baby. PLEASE PLEASE let me know if you need anything. Love you! Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so proud of the way y'all have handled both the hard times and the happy times. I am overjoyed that this pregnancy is going so well. You and the baby are in my prayers often. To God be the glory! Much love, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY! Love you guys and I'm rolling with excitement!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey court- I am so sorry to hear of all your difficulties but praise God your little bub is looking healthy! I also loved reading your decision about contentment- such a good concept to focus on! Best wishes for the year!

    ReplyDelete