We moved to our area four years ago. (Can y'all believe it's been that long??) I was lonely and sad a lot of the time. Luckily the women of the church took me under their wing and gave me more love and friendship than I ever could have imagined. I left a hometown of wonderful, loving friends, most of whom had been with me my entire life. I love those friends dearly, and they each hold a place in my heart no one else will ever fill. Today though, I would like to give a shout out to a friend who didn't have to be my friend, who didn't have to love me, but she did.
My good friend Vicki is celebrating her 40th birthday today. Vicki is a woman of amazing strength and faith. I look to her more than she knows as my example of a wife, mother, teacher, and friend.
When her husband looks at her, you can see his love radiating from his face. He knows he is blessed beyond measure to have her and it shows in every smile or wink he passes her way. Aaron and I have talked many times about how we hope others can see our love for one another in the way Tim and Vicki show their love for one another. We know we have a long way to go, but their example speaks to us each time we're with them and we hope it's rubbing off.
Vicki is raising two beautiful daughters. Bethany and Anna Rebecca are beautiful inside and out and I am so thankful Caroline has them to look up to. Vicki has been such an inspiration to me as we're raising our own daughter. Vicki has had struggles in her time as a mother...both her daughters were born with hearing loss. You would never know trials had come into the lives of this family, because all you see is joy. She is doing all she can to help her daughters, and in her eyes you see the love and strength she has for them reflected there. When I faced the trials of a birth defect with Caroline, Vicki was someone I called on a lot for just a ear to listen, and listen she did. I don't think I would have made it through without her love, support, and prayers.
Vicki has been a friend to me despite our age difference. She loves me and is there for me, and although the occasional joke is made, she never makes me feel insignificant or too young. She loves me for me. She has helped me see so many things in new lights, and has been there for me during personal struggles. She has read letters I was scared to send and encouraged me to send them. She has opened my world to new authors who have strengthened my faith.
I could go on and on. On this day, one of the "biggest" birthdays of her life, I implore you to take a moment and visit her blog so you can see for yourself what a wonderful woman she is. Oh, and while you're there, wish her a happy birthday!
I love you Vicki!
These Are the Days
11 years ago
Courtney,
ReplyDeleteI have just had a chance to sit down and catch up on reading blogs since we got home from our trip. Now I'm crying! Thank you so much for those kind, thoughtful words. You have no idea what an encouragement YOU are to me. I am so thankful for our friendship and I love you so much.