There is a little country church about an hour and a half from here. It's a very small community and they only have about 10 members. Summer of 2009, when Aaron was laid off from his job, the Lord provided for us using that group. Their preacher had a stroke and had to be out for several weeks. They called our church to see if any of the men would be willing to come preach. Aaron, never having preached before, went one Sunday. I was teaching Sunday School, so I wasn't able to go with him. Anyway, he returned and I was surprised to learn they had paid him a small amount for coming. We weren't expecting that. He said that he also mentioned the loss of his job in his sermon as an illustration (I believe he preached on not worrying about tomorrow). After services, they offered Aaron the job until their regular preacher could return. What an unexpected way for the Lord to provide for us! That small check every week made it possible for us to survive while Aaron was without a job.
(4 weeks old)
So he went. I got a substitute for one Sunday and Caroline and I went with him. I was pregnant at the time, and the church there was so happy and excited for us. When I miscarried, it was a comfort to know they were also praying for us. We had extended our church family.
On Wednesday of this past week, their preacher called Aaron. He had to be out of town Sunday and needed some help. He's called a few other times during the year. So we went out there yesterday morning and Aaron preached. I was, unfortunately, not able to catch much of the sermon. Like I said, this is a small church. The building is adequate, but tiny. There are no Bible classes for Caroline's age. There is no nursery to take Landon to when it's time to nurse. It was difficult. Landon was fussy. Even after eating, I still had a hard time calming him down. We sat on the very back row. Caroline had a bag of books with her. I needed to change his diaper. No changing table or station. I had my changing pad with me, so I went out into the lobby and closed the door. Caroline didn't want to come, and instead of causing a scene by making her get up, I let her stay on the bench. She was coloring. I could see her through the glass on the door. She was an angel. Sat there the entire time I was changing him (on the floor), and didn't make a peep. When I came back in, I pulled her close and whispered how proud I was of her and gave her a hug and kiss. The grin she gave me said it all. She needs my praise, love, and affection. Probably a bit more now than she needed before Landon arrived. I wish I could have caught her smile. She was proud of herself, and she should be! We were so proud of her.
We're having our gospel meeting this week with Paul Sheehan. He is hands down one of the.best.speakers.I've.ever.heard. Last night he spoke of not being ashamed of the gospel of Christ. After his lesson, we sang "I'm not Ashamed to Own my Lord." The last verse of that song always gets me choked up.
"Then will He own my worthless name before His Father's face? And in the new Jerusalem, appoint for me a place."
I've got chills just writing it out. Will my name be there? Am I living a life that is pleasing to my heavenly Father and His Son? It's something to think about an act on.
If you're in our area, I highly recommend coming to hear him. We're meeting every morning at 10 and every evening at 7. You will be uplifted.
(4 weeks old)
I hope you all have a great week! I know mine will be wonderful and exhausting, but so worth it!
No comments:
Post a Comment