Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Memory Lane



We're getting there. As we spend our last few days in this house, I'm having such mixed emotions. I'm very thankful and excited for our new house, but I'm also saddened as I remember all that made this house a home. I'm very aware each time I put Caroline to bed that soon she will have a new room, and her sweet nursery will be painted over to suit the new family. She's very excited about her big girl room. Last night we drove by the new house and she squealed out, "My big girl room!" We were happy she remembered the house and remembered what we'd told her about it. I've been concerned about her reaction to the move. Because of the move, we've put off moving her out of her crib, but I know it's time. Not just for her, but for me as well. It's starting to physically hurt to lean over and put her down in her crib. I'm certain this is because of my ever-growing stomach, but now seems like the right time. So many changes.



2 weeks old....her first Thanksgiving. My friend Jenn gave us this bib and yes, it was HUGE on her, but I loved having her in that bouncy chair in our dining room while we ate.



Her first Iron bowl. We won--War Eagle! Aaron said she was his good luck charm. :) The Grotto has been our family room, and I know we will miss it.



Her first Christmas, she fit inside her stocking. She had no clue anything special was going on, but I loved carrying her out on Christmas morning.



Napping with Daddy in the Grotto.



Daddy with his two little girls. I won't be able to see Caddy running around the new house. Every once in a while, I can picture her napping in the Grotto or eating in the corner of this kitchen. She was such a big part of our life for a long time.



First Easter. I loved taking pictures of her in the pink chair in her nursery when she was little.




Following her surgery, she wore braces on her arms to keep her hands out of her mouth. She got good at crawling around. I told Aaron we needed to make sure no Evolutionists saw her like that. She seriously looked just like a monkey when she crawled around keeping her arms completely straight.



She loved having her hand stuffed in her first birthday cake.



What's cookin?







(That's a turtle in the yard!)








These pictures just represent the surface of memories we have in this home. That's exactly what it is too...a home. A house is just walls and a roof. Laughter and love make the home, and we have treasured the joys we've experienced here, and we've learned from the heartaches. We're moving on, and will miss the memories, but that's what's so wonderful about memories. They're always right with you. I am so excited about the new memories we'll make in our new home. We'll have the pitter-patter of another little one in this home and we'll meet each day with prayerful hearts and keep our eyes open for the little things that make a house a home.

2 comments:

  1. Well Court this post made me tear up....for lots of reasons. Even I have some great memories in that house, but I'm excited to make new ones in your new house. Keep us posted on how things go. We're thinking of you guys. Miss you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Courtney, this was a beautiful post. I have tears in my eyes. I pray the Lord will bless you as you make this new house a home. I look forward to making sweet memories there just as we did in the other house! Love you!

    ReplyDelete