Wednesday, April 14, 2010

life happens when you're busy making other plans...

I've been sort of dreading posting this for a while now. Aaron and I have been prayerful in our efforts to be content with what we have...and something very unexpected came along.

In January (about a week after I posted about trying to utilize our house instead of thinking of what we don't have) a co-worker of Aaron's approached him to see if we would be interested in selling our house. She and her husband were wanting to buy in the neighborhood we lived in and she knew we weren't planning to be in this house forever. When he came home and told me that...I think I almost dropped the chopping knife in my hand, which would have meant a trip to the ER for a possible toe re-attachment, but somehow, I was able to keep my hands around the handle of said knife. So, we prayed about this new development and thought about it A LOT..making pro/con lists and wording more prayers to our Heavenly Father. In the end, we decided to let the family come look at the house and from there we would decide what the best decision was. So they did, and the liked the house, but ended up buying a different one. We moved on, thankful for what we have and forgot about it.

Mid-March rolls around and Aaron comes home and says someone else wants to look at the house. The family who had already looked but didn't buy told their sister and brother-in-law about it and now they wanted to come look. We prayed again, and gave it some thought, and decided to again let them come look and then make a more definite decision. This time we were presented with an offer within an hour of them leaving. We were in shock, to say the least. We prayed more and again went over the pros and cons, and Aaron contacted them with a very set price. We weren't looking to sell, so we weren't pressured. That day, the other family decided not to buy. We again thanked the Lord for all that we have and got back to life as usual. Until a week later, when out of nowhere Aaron received a text message from the family saying they had changed their mind and would meet our price, should we still be interested in selling. We were on our knees again, and in the end, we decided to sell. So, we're moving in 2 weeks. It's crazy, but fun and exciting at the same time.

Barring a move to another city...we don't want to move again. We plan to be in our new house for a long time and we went into house hunting with that in the forefront of our minds. We had discovered over the last 3 years that we were not older-home compatible. We are just not good at home repairs and never ending to-do lists, and that's ok. We wanted something relatively new. In the end...we ended up downsizing slightly in square footage, but the home we purchased we are completely in love with. Coincidentally a very good friend of ours build the home for a family we know a few years ago, but they are a military family and were transferred. We didn't know all that at the time, but it turned out so perfectly we know prayer played a part in our finding that specific home.

It's going to be hectic around here for a while...but we're excited about our new corner of the world!

4 comments:

  1. Crazy story, Court! Good luck packing and moving. I'm sure that won't be very easy with a toddler and one on the way. I wish we were closer so I could help. At least your wonderful parents are there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this house! I know you will make it a happy home in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great story!! I love the new house, can't wait to see the inside after you get done with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!! This is so exciting! I'm so happy for you guys. What a beautiful home and how fun to put an end to some of those older home chore lists. :) Hooray for y'all! And what a testimony to trusting and waiting on God' timing! His fingerprints are all over this!

    ReplyDelete