Friday, February 4, 2011

The Children

I am constantly amazed on a daily basis at how different my children are. They were born to the same parents, we're basically parenting the same way, but yet, Landon is 100% his own person.



He had his 6 month check up this morning. My main question is, where has the time gone? He's doing great. A little on the small side percentile-wise, but his doctor is very pleased with his growth and he's hitting all his developmental milestones right on target.



He is completely enamored with his big sister. He adores her. If she's not around, he is crankier than when she is. It's really funny that I can tell a difference in his mood just by her presence! So sweet and precious.

The above picture was taken on New Year's Eve. She picked out her own outfit and was very specific about what she wanted wear. *sigh* She's a girl all right! I had to force her to wear the white shirt under that dress. I just didn't feel like spaghetti straps in 40 degree weather were a good idea...even if we were going to be inside. She wanted her hair done like Princess Tiana, and she wore the Tiana socks she got in her stocking. Sweet and creative girl. She's a joy.



Her imagination is wondrous and exciting! She loves to play pretend and makes up songs and story lines for her toys to follow. One of her favorite things to do right now is "cook" and then "eat" on the "white table" (the art table in her room). She will make "cakes" (stackable rings and block creations) and then drink "coffee" from her tea cup. I love listening to her and seeing her line up her toys. It really brings back childhood memories from my own play days.



Landon is loving finding new things around him. He loves to play with his feet and he likes to play with and chew on regular kitchen items like plastic cups and spoons. He enjoys being in the kitchen and Caroline and I will sing and narrate what we're doing for him. I love to hear him squeal and laugh. He still has his difficult and cranky moments, but things with him are getting a lot better as he gets older, which is bittersweet. He's growing. He changes daily and I know before long I'll be looking at a one year old, then a three year old, then five, and so on. Life does fly with rapid speed.

Enjoy your weekend!

4 comments:

  1. They are so precious!!! I love hearing about Caroline cooking and making such fabulous pastries! Sister used to do that ALL the time! She's beginning to outgrow it and it's bittersweet!

    Sometime I want to pick your brain about reading with Sister!

    And, thank you for your sweet comment on an earlier post of mine. You made me smile so big!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading about their differences. It is amazing the differences between children, especially boys and girls. Isaiah has such a nice kitchen...yet he never uses it as intended. This past week it's been his pirate ship and I had to take the clock out because duh mom, it's the look out hole?! Boys are crazy. Can't wait for my girl if she's anything like Caroline! They are getting so big!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Little Adorable Landon!!!!! I am with you on where did the time go, I can't wait to see you with a baby boy, lol
    I love love love the way he is looking up to his big sister in the picture.
    I miss you guys like crazy and guess what we are going to Disney next week!!!! I can't go there without thinking of you, lol

    ReplyDelete