Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Busy, Busy

As I'm always saying on this blog...life is busy and flying by! We're close to the end of my pregnancy and we're getting geared up to meet our little man.

(sorry it's a bit dark...I should have opened the blinds)
We're using the same bedding set we used for Caroline. We were both pleasantly surprised with how much different the room seemed from her room. Aaron said, "Now those are manly polka-dots." The room is finished except for the glider we're still waiting on to be delivered and Aunt KK is working on a canvas and some other artwork for the walls.

I am especially excited about this lamp. I had been looking for one and couldn't find anything. I was planning to just use a white base we already had and add a green lamp shade, but I couldn't find the right color green. I was getting frustrated when I came across this lamp...on CLEARANCE! It was $8. I was absolutely ecstatic. I also love the wooden blocks for a small end table. They are a hand-me-down from our good friends and I LOVE them!

This is Caroline's big girl room. She loves it and I'm really happy with the way it turned out. (Please disregard the slightly messy bed...it's hard for me to make it right now with my huge stomach and she's not too good at it either yet. :) ) Aunt KK is working on a fairy canvas to match.

The sweet ladies at church threw me a baby shower a few weeks ago. It was lovely and I had a great time.

The hostesses and me. :)

We've had a bit of a baby boom at church. Here I am with the other four ladies who are expecting. From the left...5 weeks, 13 weeks, 24 weeks, 34 weeks, and 40 weeks. Charlotte (40 weeks) has already had her sweet baby.

Caroline was really enamored by baby Aiden. He's just precious!

We're excited about our little man!

2 comments:

  1. Courtney!!! His room is GORGEOUS!!! Caroline's is, too! You have such a way with rooms. I hope you'll show us the canvas aunt kk is working on. (She did the paintings in Caroline's old room, right?) So fun!!! I am so excited for you and so happy for you!!!

    Praying for you as his birthday draws nearer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the little block side table, his room is REALLY cute!!! are you just now putting Caroline into a big bed or has she been in one for a while? her room is really cute to :) so exciting for you guys!

    ReplyDelete