We've been doing nothing of too much interest...just lunching on leftovers, mopping the floors, cleaning up Ficus tree leaves. :)
We've had several Friday night family picnics. We spread out a blanket, fix supper on paper plates, and let Caroline choose a movie to watch. It's been so much fun! Although, we've now seen "The Incredibles" more than I ever thought I would..all in parenting fun I suppose. :)
Caroline loves to pretend to go to sleep. She wants under the blanket, wants an animal to cuddle, and will tell you, "close your eyes." It's precious. One night I caught them "playing" like this. I love that she has Minnie and Aaron is all snuggled up to Mickey!
Last Friday night Aaron and I went out to dinner to celebrate our 7th wedding anniversary. It was a lot of fun! We talked about the beginning of our relationship and marveled at how quickly life has passed us by. We reminisced favorite moments from both our courtship and marriage. We thanked God for the rough times He saw us through and looked into the future with bright promise. We guessed at the gender of our unborn child and decided on names for him or her. It was wonderful to spend time together; talking and communicating with one another and reaffirming our love and commitment. A wonderful night.
Bright and early Monday morning, I forced myself to drink 32oz of liquid. Morning is my roughest time of day and having to drink all that wasn't fun. But, it was required before my ultrasound! We sat together as the tech moved the around my ever-growing stomach and saw and heard the wonderful sound of our child's heart beating. We saw our son's heart beating. That's right---we're having a SON! We are beyond excited and happy and are so thankful to our Lord that we have been blessed with a son. She moved the wand (don't know what it's actually called!) around and found his mouth for us. She pointed out his upper and lower lip and said that it does not look as though he will have a cleft palate. My eyes filled with tears of Thanksgiving to the Lord for answering this prayer of ours. We are going to have another ultrasound at 28 weeks to check again, but the initial diagnosis is NO CLEFT PALATE!
Praise God!
I am sure that was a relief for you guys to hear, "no cleft palate!"
ReplyDeleteIt sounds so weird for you to say (or write actually) "son." ahhh a little boy! We're so excited! :)
I just love these glimpses into your family life. Friday night picnics sound like a blast! You have such a precious family and we love y'all so much.
ReplyDeleteI am so thrilled that baby Craig is doing so well! It will be such a new and wonderful experience to have a sweet baby boy. I know y'all be just as amazing parents with him as you are with Caroline. Congratulations and God bless!
I love the Friday night family nights! What a great idea. I bet Aaron has no problem watching the "The Incredibles". :-) I know Nick LOVES that movie.
ReplyDeleteSo thankful that Baby Craig is doing great!! What a blessing he is. We will continue to pray!
Love you all!