Monday, November 30, 2009

Thankful for Cousins

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving. One thing I love about our family is the ability to go with the flow. Our original plan was to arrive at Thanksgiving on Thanksgiving day, drive straight to Aaron's aunt's house and meet the family there for the meal, then spend the rest of the weekend at his parent's. It did not go over like that though. Tuesday night our heat went out. Yes, we live in the south and it's not as cold as other places in our country, but it was C-O-L-D in our house. I think 58 or something. Caroline was already in bed, so we got her up and all tried to tough it out in our bed together. She thought it was time to play though and we were all getting colder and colder. So, about midnight we packed up, woke up my parents, and spent the night over there. We decided to head on to his parent's on Wednesday night to escape the cold house. We had a repair man out Wednesday but he wasn't going to be able to fix it until Monday.

Quickly fast forward to today. I wait and wait for the heater repair man to arrive and make my home warm again. He doesn't come. Long story short, we ended up going with someone else who luckily was able to come late this afternoon and fix it. We have heat again! I'm very thankful for a warm house, and also for families who were willing to take us in at the last minute.

This year at Thanksgiving, the girls (Caroline and Annalise) wore almost matching dresses. There were a few differences in the dresses, but we discovered we had the dresses when Steph was here a few months ago. Once we realized we had the dresses, we knew they had to wear them.





We are so thankful for Annalise and her sweet parents and so glad they're growing up together!

2 comments:

  1. Um, I HAVE to comment here. Your husband's friend (my husband) made us KEEP THE THERMOSTAT SET TO 58 the ENTIRE winter when I was preggers with MW!!!!! I begged and pleaded to turn up the heat, all to NO AVAIL. I told him I'd read that being cold while pregnant reduces blood flow to the baby...his reply, "then you better put on a sweater." That was back when we were on baby step #2 in the Dave Ramsey plan. SOOOoooo glad to be past that. (And when we married, because we were literally "livin' on love" and love doesn't pay the power bill, we didn't turn on the heat...for TWO WINTERS. It was COLD!!!) Man, we're livin' in luxury these days!

    Glad your heat is back on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We enjoyed being with y'all so much! I love those pictures of the girls. The one I took turned out blurry. Would you mind emailing that second one to me? Your x'mas card is in the mail. Thanks again for your help with that! Love you!

    ReplyDelete