Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Grandaddy

Aaron's grandfather passed away last week. We returned home on Sunday night from spending most of the week with his family. Grandaddy was very sick and it was expected, but a death in the family is emotionally draining in so many ways.

Caroline is so blessed to have met 3 of her great-grandparents. I never knew any of mine, and Aaron only knew one of his. We are so thankful we have pictures and memories of Caroline with of her great-grandparents.





The first picture was Grandaddy holding Caroline for the first time, her first Christmas. She was so teeny! The second picture was taken in August, the last time we saw him. I am so glad that one day Caroline can look back at pictures like these and realize that even if she doesn't remember her great-grandfather, she met him and made him smile.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear this news. We will keep you all in our thoughts and prayers.

    What a blessing you do have pictures so she can look back at these one day. I can't get over how tiny she looks. Her 2nd b-day will be here soon. I'm dreading that day...not ready for my baby to be 1.

    Please let us know if you all need anything. Love ya!

    PS Love the new background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Courtney, I am so sorry for your loss. How precious that Caroline got to meet her Great-Grandfather. I was very young when my grandfather died and I have one picture of me with him when I was only a few months old. My mom gave it to me years ago...it's a polaroid. I have treasured it. I bet Caroline will treasure those pictures, too.

    We miss you guys and would love to get together soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Courtney, I love this (and you). Thank you.

    ReplyDelete