Oh yeah, and she's been wearing her Elmo backpack around for days. Her friend, Blair gave it to her when we were up in BG. She loves it! It's so cute how much she loves to wear it. I think it's partly because she just likes the backpack, and partly because she LOVES Elmo. She's just started liking Elmo within the last severeal months. Since we canceled our cable, she's been wathcing Sesame Street on PBS. She can sing the theme song to "Elmo's World" and everything. She doesn't get all the words right all the time, but she's got the tune down pat.
Last week I made a super trip to the grocery. I even left Caroline with my parents because I knew I was going to take a few hours going to more than one store. It was one of those trips where we were basically out of everything. I'm usually pretty good at keeping our fridge, pantry, and freezer pretty stocked, but because of some sickness, traveling, and a few other things that have gotten in the way, I hadn't done a good shopping trip in a while. We had been living off my stocks and the occasionally run for milk or eggs for about a month. Anyway, we were down to nothing but ketchup and mayo, so I had to go. When Caroline got home from the grandparents, she noticed I had gone shopping! It was the funniest thing...I was getting her a drink from the fridge and she started jumping, laughing, and pointing at the fresh blueberries. She politely asked for some, so I let her have a snack. About ten minutes after she ate those, she began doing the exact same thing, jumping and laughing, only this time she was pointing to the fruit bowl, excited to see the bananas. I let her have one of those too, when she smiled up at me and said "Pese?" :) I LOVE that she was so excited to see fruit!
She's soooo cute!
ReplyDeleteI'm about to make one of "those" runs myself. Only we have ketchup and BBQ sauce...
That Caroline is so sweet! I can just imagine her jumping up and down! She looks super cute with the elmo backpack on. :-)
ReplyDelete