Thursday, April 30, 2009

Pigtails and Picnic

Saturday we went to a picnic with a bunch of our friends (of all ages!) from church. We all chipped in and rented a covered pavilion and brought food and just enjoyed being together. I decided this would be a good day for Caroline to try pigtails in her hair for the first time. Aaron and I both LOVED them, although they did make her look older, which was bittersweet. Our little baby isn't so much a baby anymore, and it's sad! Yesterday when she got up from her nap she was in a cuddly mood so I sat in the rocking chair and we cuddled and rocked for a while. It is so rare that she will just sit and cuddle anymore in the middle of the day. I tried to savor those "baby" moments again. Anyway, back to the pigtails and picnic!

This was before the picnic, but I loved this pic because it's Caroline "reading" To Kill A Mockingbird. She loves our books and is surprisingly careful with them. Generally, I don't let her play with this one b/c it's signed by Harper Lee, but I had to snap a pic before I took it from her! :)



She was so busy playing all over the playground I couldn't get her to look around long enough for my slow-snapping camera to catch her face. But, here are a few I thought were cute anyway!







I did manage to get this shot of her face. I think you can tell she's been playing hard and is tired!



Here is Caroline loving on baby Olivia. She LOVES, LOVES, LOVES Olivia! It's super sweet. I hope they grow up to be great friends. Caroline is a little over a year older than Olivia.



Jaxson was chillin' in his stroller, but Caroline needed to share her love with him too. :)



It was a really fun afternoon!

4 comments:

  1. so, so, SO precious!!!! I LOVE the pigtails!!!

    And we're HUGE To Kill A Mocking Bird fans...our dog is named for Scout! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a loving little girl.
    The pigtails are GREAT. I'm growing Blair's hair out only because we want some pigtails and pontails....otherwise I would chop it off. =) Can't wait for our kids to play!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pig tails are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet girl! Lovely and cute all at once : )

    ReplyDelete