Monday, April 13, 2009

A Great Visit!

We had a lovely family day yesterday! Dad and Mom were still here and it was so nice to spend Easter with them! We had a wonderful visit and I was sad to see them drive away after lunch. We are already looking forward to their next visit!

Caroline made beeline for her Easter basket...you'd think she actually had a clue it was a holiday! :) She seemed to really like all the things the "Easter Bunny" brought her.




A few weeks ago Aaron had run an errand for me to Target and he came home with a bunny ear headband he found in the dollar section. He was excited about them so we planned to put them in her basket. She thought they were hilarious and loved them! Although, once she had them on her head she wouldn't leave them alone!




We've never really given Caroline candy...maybe a bite or two here or there, but not much at all. We decided she was old enough now for her own chocolate bunny. We bought her the smallest one from Target. It was so funny because she was looking in her basket and taking everything out and she took it out, looked at it for about a second, and tossed it aside! I laughed and told her, "That's the best thing in there!" But she had no clue what it was! Once I opened it and gave her a bite she agreed with me! It's now resting in the fridge for later consumption. I think it's missing an ear and that's it! :) She'll enjoy it for a while!

I loved her dress. I bought it at Kids Market and got a great deal, which made me love it even more!




We wanted some pictures of her by herself, but she was too interested in her shadow to look up!




All in all, we had a great day!

While Dad and Mom were here Dad and Aaron got a lot of stuff done around the house. The major thing was they finished the storage building! I am so excited! We don't have much storage space in the house so our closets are jam packed, but now we'll be able to store things in the building and I am SO HAPPY ABOUT IT! Caroline's swing and bouncy chair are still just sitting out in the bedrooms (one in hers, one in ours) because we haven't had a place to store them. It will be wonderful to get them put away! Dad and Aaron also: shaved the legs of our bar stools so they're not so tall now, hung curtains, did some re-weather stripping on the back door, fixed a broken dining chair, and worked on a small leak in the roof. Dad will probably need a week to rest up from all the work we had him doing! I'm so thankful he was here to help and I know he enjoyed helping us.

Mom and I did a lot of chatting, playing, and cooking while they were here, which was wonderful! I loved spending time with her.

I want to write about my adventures in couponing, but I think I'll save that for another blog! :)

6 comments:

  1. Loved Caroline's dress and bow. She looked cute in the bunny ears too. My kids are running around since Sunday with a sugar high. Blair had downed some "bird egg" (aka robin eggs) and Logan loves some starburst jelly beans. I figure you're only one and three once, might as well enjoy it! =)
    I want to see a picture of your new storage building. I'd love to have one too....kids take up so much space!!! =)
    Hugs to all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who put rabbit ears on their baby. :) Like Aaron, I couldn't resist from buying them. Haha!

    Her dress is so pretty! I would be in so much trouble if I had a girl b/c I love dresses and bows. I'm glad you were able to get a good deal on it. I'm now a bargin shopper too...so I would LOVE to hear about your coupons stories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet! I know that has to make you feel good to get all of those projects marked off your list! I love getting organized too! ;-) I also have been meaning to write about my coupons with the grocery game. It is great! Becca

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't get over how big Caroline looks! I can't wait to take Ethan Easter egg hunting next year, it looks like you guys had so much fun. Glad you had such a nice visit with your parents. I always hate to see mine leave too, but at least yours will be with you permanently before too long! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tell Aaron I like the ears too : )
    Love the dress, what was smocked at the top?

    ReplyDelete
  6. We ran into your Mom and Dad at lunch today. I wish you could have seen your Dad talking about Caroline. He's already planning the next time he visits and what they'll do together...it was so cute. He could not stop grinning!!!! He looked great and happy. Your Mom too.

    ReplyDelete