We had a really great weekend. Friday night we stayed in and had Taco Salad for supper. This has become one of our favorite meals. It's fairly cheap, easy, and delicious. One of the main reasons it's cheap is because I usually have most of the ingredients in my fridge. I usually have to buy the Fritos "special" because I don't keep them on hand all the time. In case anyone wants to know the recipe, I'll share. :)
Taco Salad
1 head fresh lettuce
1/2 lb hamburger meat or chicken
2-4 tomatoes, chopped
2 onions, chopped
1 TBSP salsa
Fat Free Catalina dressing, to taste
Fritos
Wash and tear the lettuce, then add the chopped tomatoes and onions, making a tossed salad. Brown meat or cook and shred chicken. Mix meat into salad and pour salsa over top and mix again. Serve with Fritos to add crunch, and Catalina dressing to taste.
This salad has become one of our favorite go-to meals. Anyway, so we had that on Friday night and got caught up on "24." Aaron's mom has been taping it for us and we got the tape last week so after Caroline went to bed we spent some time with Jack Bauer. It is because of Jack that we sold out and got the digital converter box so we can get the local channels. :/ We really do love that show though. It's one we both enjoy so we'll be watching it live tonight!
On Saturday we spent the morning around the house and then ran a few errands and had lunch at the food court in the mall. We hardly ever go to the mall, so this was fun. Caroline did not get to ride the carousel this time, but maybe some other time. While at the mall, we hit up The Children's Place sale. 50% off their sale items was great! I had a gift card and got several things for Caroline for next fall/winter. I love paying $2 for pants! Once we got home, Caroline went down for her nap and I went to the library and checked out some books. I love the library!
After Caroline got up from her nap, we took her over to the Hinson's to play with Hunter and then Aaron and I went to the movies. We very rarely have any type of date, so this was fun. We saw "Paul Blart: Mall Cop" starring Kevin James. We love Kevin James! It was a really funny movie and one I'm sure Aaron will be wanting on DVD.
Sunday was a great day too. We spent the morning with the saints and then I helped host a baby shower for a family from church. The shower went well and we returned Sunday night for another excellent sermon and more time with our brethren. Sunday night we came home and had noddles tossed in butter and Parmesan for supper. It was a great cap to the weekend!
All day I've had the words to a favorite hymn in my head.
"Then will He own my worthless name before His Father's face; and in the new Jerusalem, appoint for me a place."
"I'm not Ashamed to Own my Lord"
I'm trying to live for Christ by being like Christ.
These Are the Days
11 years ago
Loved the post! This is too funny...I don't know why I'm surprised...we have so much in common! We LOVE 24...we just finished the last season (6 - I think) that's out on DVD...we use our tv for movies...so we wait to rent it a season at a time...I don't know how we'd handle waiting a whole week between episodes! :)
ReplyDeleteSounds like y'all had a fun and relaxing weekend. Hey - you beat me on the pants...I got MW some pink velvet pants from the thrift store that were Children's Place brand...but I paid $2.50! $2 is AWESOME!
Your taco salad recipe sounds great! I like to cook simple things for the weekends, so I will have to try it! Thanks for sharing it!
ReplyDelete